Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Another teacher is enjoying the benefits of Ignite a Maker

Hi, I'm Lea Ann Smith and I am just starting my Ignite a Maker grant.  I am the leader of the STEM Academy at Essex High School.  We have 54 students in the Academy, there is a lot of energy there now and I'd like to find new ways for students learn about STEM.  I think Making is something that students in the Academy might find useful as a learning tool, so I'd like to learn more about it myself.

Cynthia and I went to new member orientation and rapid prototyping certification last week, all went well.  On Wednesday, I brought all of the parts with me to make Leah Buechley's turn signal bike jacket.  I started laying out the parts and taking stock of what was in the Create, Make Learn space to work with.  I also met some nice people, there is a fun vibe at Generator.


1 comment:

  1. If you only want to turn left of your journey, you are set to go.

    ReplyDelete