Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Laser Cut Lanterns!

I signed up for the Laser Cut Lanterns workshop with Pete Talbot at Generator, just to help get me started. The workshop was this past Sunday, and Pete was *so generous* with his time. What an awesome guy! It was a very good workshop, with a nice balance of structure and flexibility. Pete had a star template ready for us to customize cut out openings for the light to shine through. It was my first time using Adobe Illustrator. I still need to spray paint, score, fold & assemble my light. Learning to use the laser cutter is really learning to use Adobe Illustrator or another piece of software to create EPS files. My boyfriend used InkScape, and there were lots of problems with his file. Hoping InkScape will still be a viable option for this....


1 comment: