Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Getting Oriented

In the process of taking the first steps to my new learning adventure, Making Geoacaches.

I have been able to make a few visits to the generator first with Lucie and then again with the orientation last week. Now that I have a better understanding of the possibilities, I am working on planning what I want to learn.

As an avid geoacacher, I am looking to see how I can incorporate the arduino to "make" geocaches. If times allows, may also look into how rapid prototyping may be able to help design geocaches as well.

Geoacaching is a great way to combine technology, outdoor learning, and ramification. Not only do I love to geocache for personal growth, I use the technology to incorporate into learning with the staff and students at FWSU. 

For a little background info, here is a link to a recent post I wrote for FWSU on a geocache that was created by a group of students who participated in an after school geocaching group. 

If you have questions or ideas to share about being a geocacher maker, let me know. Always love to share my passion.



No comments:

Post a Comment